The Republic P-47D Thunderbolt was a World War II era fighter aircraft produced by the United States from 1941 through 1945. Its primary armament was eight .50-calibre machine guns and in the fighter-bomber ground-attack role it could carry five-inch rockets or a bomb load of 2,500 pounds (1,103 kg). When fully loaded the P-47D weighed up to eight tons (tonnes) making it one of the heaviest fighters of the war. The P-47D was designed around the powerful Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine which was also used by two U.S. Navy fighters, the Grumman F6F Hellcat and the Vought F4U Corsair. The Thunderbolt was effective as a short-to-medium range escort fighter in high-altitude air-to-air combat and ground attack in both the World War II European and Pacific theatres.
The P-47D was one of the main United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) fighters of World War II, and served with Allied air forces including France, Britain. Mexican and Brazilian squadrons fighting alongside the U.S. also flew the P-47D.
Now, VQ Introduces the P-47D. 46 – 55 size EP-GP as a super scale series ( 3S). This P-47D comes with 2 scale flaps, 1 x painted pilots machine gun, antenna. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood so that you can make your P-47D look like a real one.
With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Nitro engine.
As an option, the Electric retracts with scale struts are a good choice for this P-47D, it makes this P-47D became one of the best Balsa scale warbird 46 size in the market.
- Wingspan: 59.06in (1500mm)
- Fuselage Length: 47.83in (1215mm)
- Wing Loading: 27.6oz/sq.in (84.3g/dm.sq) - Will vary with equipment used
- Weight (RTF): 3.1 - 3.3kg (6.83 - 7.28lbs) - Will vary with equipment in use
- Engine: .46-.55 (2 stroke, .72-.82 (4 stroke)
- Radio: 6 channels with 7 servos (6 for electric) - 2 x standard servos for elevator, rudder, and 4 x Mini servo (19g) for Aileron, Flap, Throttle
- Electric Motor: Electrospeed Boost 50 motor or any Electric Motor same size with .46/2 stroke engine
- Battery: Lipo 14.8V 4500-5000 mAh
Required Hardware (Not Supplied)
Transmitter, Engine / Motor & ESC, Propeller, Servos, Battery, Extension Leads, Glue, Tools and Silicone Fuel Line (For GP).