The Tamiya Monster Beetle was a classic R/C phenomenon from the 1980ís. After a long absence it is back as an updated assembly kit ready to traverse back yards across the country. The model features a stylized version of the timeless Volkswagen Beetle body, mounted on an all-action 2WD chassis fitted with big tyres for rough-and-tumble off-road fun. This updated version promises to be great fun for both beginners and Tamiya R/C kit veterans alike!
- The injection-molded plastic body accurately captures the form of the early VW Beetle.
- Includes many of the original stickers kept over from the original model design as well as newly-designed markings.
- The rugged original ABS space frame chassis has been kept. It utilizes double-wishbone front, and trailing arm rear suspension setups in tandem with CVA oil-filled dampers.
- NEW PARTS: Rear universal drive shafts transfer power smoothly, and come with rubber boots to protect outdrives from dust.
- A large dust cover is included to protect the R/C gear equipment.
- The model has 130mm-diameter tyres with a combined lug/pin spike tread. They are paired with gold color plated one-piece wheels.
- Includes a driver figure.
- Scale: 10th
- Length: 410mm, width: 290mm, height: 240mm.
- Construction type: Assembly kit
- Terrain use: Multi-Purpose
- Drive-train: 2WD
- Drive type: Gearbox
- Drive line: Dog bone
- Differential type: Gear
- Suspension: Independent suspension
- Steering mechanism: Direct servo
- Shock damper: Oil-filled damper
- Shock damper material: Plastic
- tyre type: Rubber
- tyre tread: Lug/pin-spike
- Body material: ABS Plastic
- Chassis material: Plastic
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC) Included
- Motor: 540-brushed type
- Bearings: Plastic bushing
- Adjustable toe angles: Front only
- Adjustable gear ratio: Yes
Required to complete
- 2-channel radio gear
- 7.2 volt battery & charger
- plastic model paint