Tamiya 1/16th RC Tiger I Early Production Full-Option Complete Kit
Overwhelming Presence of the Large-scale Tiger!
You'll Swear It's a Real Tank !
Tamiya has put incredible power and versatility of the German Tiger I in your fingertips with this 1/16 scale, fully functional R/C tank. Just some of the many functions this tank is capable of have been recorded in the video clips below. First check out the firing of the main cannon, complete with true to life flash and cannon recoil. The shot is so powerful that it actually causes the tank itself to recoil, just like the full size Tiger I. Then, click on the next image to see the cannon rotate, tracking down the enemy and preparing to fire. Next is the firing of the authentically recreated 7.92mm MG34 machine gun! Finally, take a gander at how the Tiger I moves on its durable resin and metal tracks. (Please understand that downloading images may take some time.)
*1/16 scale Radio Controlled Assembly Model Kit (overall length: 530mm, overall width: 232mm)
*A four-channel RC unit is necessary to operate this kit. Two 7.2V Tamiya Racing Packs (or equivalent) and charger are also required.
The Thundering of the Maybach Engine
The only working King Tiger tank in the world is on display at the Saumur Tank Museum in France. Since the Tiger I used basically the same type of Maybach powerplant, some Tamiya staff members made their way to France to investigate. They recorded all the sounds of the real tank including; battery start-up, crank start-up, fly-wheel sound, etc. All the sounds of the enormous V-12 700hp engine have been clearly recorded and are waiting for you in Tamiya's 1/16 R/C Tiger I kit.
- Main gun fire action is one of the most impressive features of this model. When firing, muzzle flashes, speaker roars and recoil gearbox retracts gun barrel, then slowly returns it to standard position. In addition to this action, the hull itself recoils by running gearbox movement. This whole action is realistically replicated just like its full-size counterpart. (This model does not shoot pellets. So, you do not have to worry about safety of the firing action.)
- Turret can be rotated about 340 degrees. Gun barrel can be controlled within 20 degree range. The moving speed can be controlled by transmitter stick.
- Independent suspension is damped by torsion bar springs, just like the full size Tiger I. Combined with pre-assembled track, they provide smooth, exciting and realistic maneuverability, even on rough terrain.
- The tank commander figure is recreated with natural expression. Kit also recreates distinctive features of the Tiger I such as cylindrical commander's cupola, smoke dischargers, turret w/pistol port, air cleaner, equipment and texture of armor plates.
- The large scale Tiger measures 530mm in overall length. Massive tank model features abundant detail.
- Turret rotation, gun barrel retraction/elevation systems sit compactly inside the turret.
- 60mm diameter speaker box at the rear of hull provides realistic sounds.
- Factory assembled independent twin gearbox. It is powered by two RS-380 motors and has a 36.98:1 gear ratio. The high torque system enables the heavy 4,100g tank to maneuver superbly.
- In addition to the two channel FET amplifier for operating two running motors, T-03 is equipped with a separate amplifier for turret rotation motor and gun movement motor respectively. Forward/reverse, turning and pivot turning can be controlled at every speed.
- The Multi Function Unit MF-01 provides many sound effects linked with actions. The engine sound is linked with the speed, so as you increase throttle, the engine sounds actually speed up. When the model is switched on, MF-01 selects crank start sound. Temporary switch off transmitter, then switch it on again to turn over the engine with the battery start sound. The unit even replicates engine shut-down sound with reverberations.
- Overall Length: 530mm
- Overall Width: 232mm
- Weight Fully Equipped: 4,100g
£569.00 Each[Supplier Stock]