The Futaba HPS-A700 is the highest performance RC aircraft servo Futaba have ever made. It produces a whopping 74kg of torque and 0.12 sec (over 60° travel) using 7.4V. In addition to those specifications the A700 uses a new HPS brushless motor that was developed to draw the least current possible and produce very little heat. The aluminium case is only 40.5 x 21 x 37.8mm in size and is made from metal for optimal strength and cooling.
The HPS-A700 is programmable using S.Bus2 technology allowing you adjust lots of parameters. Note that all S.BUS2 servos can be connected to conventional receivers with PWM modulation. You can communicate to the HPS-A700 in a few different ways:
- About the S.BUS receiver.
- With the handy Programmer SBC-1.
- Via the PC-Link software with the USB adapter CIU-2.
- At the S.BUS connection of the transmitter.
The following parameters are adjustable:
- S.BUS channel assignment
- Servo reversal
- Servo type (normal / retractable landing gear)
- Soft start (on / off)
- Mode selection in case of signal failure Hold or Free
- Soft servo run (on / off)
- Servo position (servo tester)
- Servo-pitch adjustment +/- 300 ?s (about 30 degrees)
- Servo speed, 0.39 ... 9 seconds per 45 degrees
- Deadband setting (dead band)
- Servo travel adjustment separated left and right, approx. 50 - 175%
- Starting power
- Holding force
- ID storage
Note: Not for use with Dry batteries or use with BEC power.