Return of the Legend!
Speed has form. The winning formula is ...
The first OPTIMA model was heralded as a technical masterpiece at its release in 1985 and from then, Kyosho has set the standard in R/C development. Memories of the OPTIMA are fresh even after 30 years and its stylish form and ruthlessly efficient performance still resonate amongst modern racing machines. Now the new OPTIMA is ready to continue the battle for racing dominance, embodying the latest in technological evolution but with the distinctive OPTIMA style. The narrow backbone shaped chassis provides the platform for optimal geometry with large steering angles and double wishbone suspension with long 35mm suspension stroke. Recreated in the image of the original design, the the 4WD chain system is housed inside a sealed compartment and the gears and gearbox at the center of the drive train are equipped with robust metal counter gear pinion and rear diff case. The drive train also features a slipper clutch and precision 48-pitch gear modules that reduce drive loss and fulfill the potential of modern power sources. Modern features include the choice of chain drive or belt drive as well as big bore shocks on front and rear that have been recreated in the original OPTIMA colors, plus hex screws. As a true racing partner, the OPTIMA is ready to race again with the latest advancements in driving performance.
- The “OPTIMA” name signifies optimal performance. This famous off-road racer is equipped to win in any conditions.
- 4WD mechanics are condensed into a narrow open frame chassis 6061T6 aluminum bars (caunter sunk)
- Two drive system selections: chain drive or belt drive.
- Gearbox equipped with slipper clutch for transmission protection and effective traction control.
- Precision 48-pitch gear modules. Sintered alloy gears combined with high impact nylon gears and newly added slipper clutch. This durable design allows efficient power delivery and will cope with the current high power motors.
- Precision 48-pitch gear modules deliver reduced drive loss. Metal rear diff case and metal gears deliver excellent durability.
- Glass mixed nylon material used in rigid double wishbone system suspension.
- Strong impact-resistant resin bumper. Includes mini bumper suitable for racing and large bumper for sports driving.
- Includes special tool for shock absorbers. Can be used as a 5, 5.5 and a 7mm wrench.
- Length: 395mm
- Width: 240mm
- Height: 120mm
- Ground Clearance: 36mm
- Wheelbase: 260mm
- Tread (F/R): 204mm / 204mm
- Tyre(F/R): 86φ x 40mm / 86φ x 40mm
- Gear Ratio: 9.24:1
- Weight: approx. 1,600g
- Motor: 540 class size
- Battery: Ni-MH / Li-PO: Standard Size / short size
- R/C System: 2 channel, 1-servo, ESC