Seagull DHC-1 Chipmunk 1/5 Scale 2.0m (80in) (20cc) SEA-304
Just like Piper Cubs and P-51 Mustangs, Chipmunks always fly splendidly well and this Seagull version, youíll be encouraged to hear, is no different. Like the famous Tiger Moth that it replaced in the immediate post-war years, de Havilland Canadaís new primary trainer was sold in huge numbers to numerous military air services not least our own Royal Air Force, the Royal Canadian Air Force and the Army Air Corps, who adopted this rather unusual camo' training scheme that's been beautifully reproduced on Seagullís impressive 80Ē span version. Its size, presence in the air and fixed undercarriage simplicity make this flap-equipped 5-channel model the perfect introduction to scale flying and, just like the full-size, an ideal stepping stone to a fully-fledged full-house warbird.
Open the box and youíll smile, not just at the way the model is presented and packaged but at the quality that oozes from the beautifully applied covering, the gorgeous pre-painted cowl, semi-detailed cockpit and, most importantly, the general fit, finish and build quality. Itís a cracking model and, best of all, itís removable top hatch makes it perfect for an electric set-up whilst offering unhindered access to the fuel tank and radio bay. Moreover, the simple, single screw wing panel retention method makes transport and field assembly an absolute breeze. What a beauty. What a temptation.
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Eye-catching scale (WP964) Army Air Corps colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine Oracover film.
- Factory painted fibreglass engine cowl and u/c leg fairings.
- Cockpit detailing with lightweight painted pilots.
- Removable forward hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Superb flying characteristics.
- Plug-in wing panels simplify transportation and field assembly.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
- Accurate profile makes it the perfect introduction to scale flying.
- Rugged, sprung, fixed undercarriage.
- Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
- Steerable tail wheel.
What's in the Box
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 2 x Pilot figures.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre u/c leg fairing set.
- 1 x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Electric conversion hardware kit.
- 1 x Steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x Rugged oleo-style sprung undercarriage set.
- 2 x Lightweight wheels.
- 1 x Comprehensive instruction manual.
- 2 x LED landing lights for the leg fairings.
- Wingspan (mm): 2032 (80in)
- Length (mm): 1452
- Total surface area (sq. in): 938
- Weight (lb): 10.4
Needed to Complete
- 1 x 20cc two-stroke engine or electric equivalent.
- 1 x 5-channel (minimum) transmitter and receiver combo.
- 7 x Standard-size, digital, high torque, metal gear servos.
- 1 x Propeller to suit chosen engine / motor.
Model No.: JP5500033