Airbrush Colour Change Red 60ml
Our water-based airbrush paint is made with light-fast pigments, durable resins and quality ingredients. Hobbynox Airbrush Colours works on polycarbonate (LexanŽ) and most other plastics, fabrics, wood, metals, ceramic, poster boards, glass and more. The Colours are water-based and non-toxic. Hobbynox Airbrush Colours remains flexible and resists cracking, chipping and most impact damage.
Hobbynox Airbrush Colours work best out of the bottle with a 0.5 mm tip-sized airbrush operated @ 2.8-3.5 BAR. For smaller tip-sizes, lower the BAR settings and fine-line detailed artwork - reduce with Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (up to 25%).
Hobbynox Airbrush Colours cure with the assistance of mild-heat and airflow.
Items to be painted with Hobbynox Airbrush Colours include:
- R/C Polycarbonate Body-shells
- Fishing Lures
- Model Kits (if the model doesn't have too much details)
- Custom Airbrush Paint Jobs
Change Colours Info:
Our Change effect Colours add shimmering metallic highlights as you view it from different angles. This type of paint effect appears somewhat clear in the bottle and it needs to be shaken and stirred thoroughly before spraying.
Spray on one thin coat with even coverage. Test first on scrap material.
If this type of paint is backed with Solid White or Pearl White you will get a brilliant white appearance with fine metallic highlights of the Colour that changes as you view it from different angles. If backed with Solid Black you will get a solid metallic Colour with the highlights as you view it from different angles.
They are very transparent and can be backed with any Hobbynox Airbrush Colour but we recommend Solid White, Pearl White or Solid Black.
Clear with (if needed):
- Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear (dries flat - not meant to be used as a true gloss clear coat)
- Automotive Urethane Clear
- Many other clear/top coats are compatible - test first
Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner (sold separately):
- To be used with Hobbynox Airbrush Colours when a thinner viscosity is wanted/needed.
- Generally added 10% per volume to paint. May be added in greater quantities to achieve best viscosity for atomisation of paint.
- Paint has a 72 hour pot-life after mixing with SP Reducer/Cleaner.
- The best airbrush cleaner for Hobbynox Airbrush Colours - especially when the Colours are mixed with Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear.
Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear (sold separately):
Water-based polyurethane clear which can be used as protective inter-coat and balancing clear over Hobbynox Airbrush Colours or directly mixed with the paint for improved spray performance, improved coating durability and urethane-like performance with automotive airbrushing on hard surfaces.
When used separately the Intercoat-Clear dries to a flat, hard and level/smooth surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reduced chance of under-spray.
Mix 10% Hobbynox Intercoat-Clear or more with Hobbynox Airbrush Colours. Levelling/smoothness and airbrush flow on non-porous surfaces is greatly increased. Airbrush Colours dry hard and durable quickly when mixed with Intercoat Clear.
Intercoat-Clear also serves as an adhesion promoter (for painting hard surfaces) when mixed with Hobbynox Airbrush Colours.
Intercoat-Clear is not a paint reducer and it does not thin the paint. For paint viscosity reduction - use Hobbynox SP Reducer/Cleaner.
Use the Intercoat-Clear mixed Airbrush Colours within 6 hours. Keep Colours capped airtight after use.