Rigid Glass Filled Red Engine mounts. Because this type engine mount is very rigid it helps eliminate noise and vibration.
Although this engine mount can take bolts with drilled holes and small adjustments another effective way to mount the engine is by self tapping screws.
The way to mount the engine properly when using screws is to use the correct size drill to make a pilot hole, in which the self tapper is then screwed in. If you have drilled correctly there should be some resistance to the screw turning in and tightening. It should not be to difficult to turn.
When using self tappers in this way it gives the mount a break point if the mount should be involved in a crash. This can save damage to the engine. This type of mount set the standard for many years, it is no wonder it's one of the most popular ranges of engine mounts available.
DRM5 09 to 15 Size
- Square Mount at the back measure 40 mm x 40 mm.
- Bottom Holes are 12 mm centre to centre Approx
- Top Holes are 23 mm centre to centre Approx
- The Length from the back of the mount to the tip of the bearers is 60 mm
- The width of the bearer inside to inside is 24 mm to the outside of each bearer its 40 mm the same as the back square parts across.
- Your engine lugs need to be 24 mm apart. You can shave a little off the inside of the mounts in order to fit the engine without spreading the legs. If the legs are spread, it makes the mount weaker and it is not good for the engine