The Viper was designed to deliver fighter-jet looks and performance with low-wing sport airplane stability so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet. The E-flite® Viper 70mm EDF is true-to-form both in its appearance and how it delivers a high-performance jet experience like no other, whether you've flown many jets before or even if it's your first jet model ever. It delivers incredible speed, vertical performance and aerobatic capability while also being easy to take off and land-especially when it's equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies.
The Viper 70mm EDF offers smooth, sport airplane-like handling plus incredible performance and aerobatic capability that makes it the perfect choice for experienced and first-time jet pilots alike. At its core is a 6S-compatible brushless motor and 70-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust and a turbine-like sound. Functional, factory-installed flaps and electric retracts are included to provide the best jet experience and the widest flight envelope possible. Assembly is fast and simple with a one-piece wing and stabilizers that bolt into place-no glue required. The detailed cockpit is integrated with the large top-mounted hatch that makes flight battery access as easy and convenient as possible. Digital, metal-geared servos and ball-link equipped linkages provide precise control, and the lightweight yet strong EPO airframe adds to the durability and precision. But what truly sets the Viper 70mm EDF apart, and helps make it the BEST choice for a first jet model, is how easy it is to take off, fly and land. It's a scale jet that flies smooth and handles like a sport airplane, with stability that makes it feel rock-solid so all you have to do to make your jet pilot dreams come true is advance the throttle.
- First high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet with SAFE Select technology
- The best choice for a first EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless motor and 70-amp ESC
- Functional and installed flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings plus improved slow-flight performance
- Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with sprung wire struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Strong and easy to install/remove one-piece composite reinforced wing
- Lightweight yet strong and durable EPO construction
- Unique and highly-visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model features a Spektrum receiver integrated with AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If you're a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarising yourself with the airplane, you can enable optional SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver.
With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits - These limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
- Automatic Self-Leveling - The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the centre position. It's also helpful if you ever want to hand launch the airplane.
- No Programming Required - SAFE Select technology is factory set and automatically assigned to a switch so the assistance it provides can be easily turned on and off.
- High-Power EDF - The 12-blade 70mm fan combined with the high-RPM brushless motor, 70-amp ESC and a 6S 3200-4000mAh LiPo battery delivers nearly unlimited vertical performance and an incredible speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the amazing sound produced by the power system-it's almost like a real turbine.
- Functional Flaps - The factory-installed, fully-functional flaps offer improved slow-flight capability and performance while also making it possible to take off and land in shorter distances and at slower speeds.
- Electric Retracts - The steerable nose wheel and wide-spaced main gear feature reliable electric retract units equipped with durable metal components and sprung wire struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including paved runways and even grass.
- Durable Precision - The lightweight yet durable EPO airframe is composite reinforced for added strength, and the factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
- Amazing Performance - The Viper design offers incredible handling across a wide speed range and flight envelope. From slower-than-expected landings and low-speed passes to triple-digit high-speed flybys, the airframe and power system combine to deliver unbelievable performance and aerobatic capability so you can perform smooth rolls, giant loops, knife edge flight and other manoeuvers almost effortlessly.
- Easy Assembly - No glue is required for assembly, and you can have the Viper ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery. Plus it's factory-finished in an exclusive and unique, highly-visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite Viper 70mm EDF BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (8) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos
- (1) 70A Brushless ESC
- (1) Brushless Motor
- (1) User Manual
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Approximate Flight Time: 4+ min
- CG (Center of Gravity): 75-85mm back from LE or wing @ root
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- EDF Size: 70mm
- Flaps: Yes
- Flying Weight: 4.2-4.4 lbs (67-70 oz)
- Length: 40.4 in (1025mm)
- Material: EPO
- Minimum Required Radio: 6+ Channel
- Minimum Speed Control: 70A
- Motor Size: 2860-KV1850
- Recommended Motor Battery: 6S 22.2V 3200-4000mAh with EC5 connector
- Retracts: Yes
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6-7+ channel transmitter with DSMX®/DSM2® technology
- 6S 22.2V 3200-4000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5 connector
- Suitable LiPo charger