- Code No.: A324
- Wing Span: 141 in / 3580 mm
- Wing Area: 2821 sq in / 182 sq dm
- Flying Weight: 28.5 lb / 13000 g
- Fuselage Length: 91 in / 2310 mm
- Engine Required: 80cc gasoline engine
- Radio Required: 4-channel radio w/ 6 high torque servos
- Top quality balsa and plywood construction
- Covered with genuine heat shrink ToughLon & LighTex coverings
- Hand-painted fibreglass cowling with 3D template
- Detachable stabilizer
- 30% Pilot Statue PC101110A is included
- Scale tail wheel assembly
The CAP-4 Paulistinha was a military and civilian trainer aircraft built in Brazil during the 1930s and 40s. It was originally developed by Empresa AeronŠutica Ypiranga (EAY) as an unlicensed copy of the Taylor Cub powered by a Salmson 9Ad radial engine. It featured a high strut-braced wing, two enclosed tandem seats, and a steel-tube fuselage with fabric covering. Its tailwheel undercarriage was not retractable.
EAY had built five examples by the time that the firm was purchased by Companhia AeronŠutica Paulista (CAP) in 1942. CAP continued manufacturing the type under the designation CAP-4.
The type was widely successful, with nearly 800 units being produced for Brazil's flying clubs and armed forces, as well as for export to Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay and Portugal. At the time of peak production in 1943, a new CAP-4 left the factory every day, and production continued until 1948.
In 1956, Sociedade AeronŠutica Neiva (Neiva) acquired the rights to the design and used it as the basis for an agricultural aircraft, the P-56 Agricola, adding a fibreglass chemical hopper and spraybars, but this was unable to compete with imported, purpose-built agricultural aircraft.